Methoxyisoflavone could be the answer to increased muscle mass, more strength and energy and a more lean muscular body, without the side effects of anabolic steroids.
Steroids change the body’s hormone balance, leading to and increase in the primary male hormone, testosterone, which caused the body to recover faster from workouts, and build more muscle, and as a result burn more fat faster. Unfortunately, anabolic steroids also seem to cause all the inner organs of the body to grow. They also cause a whole host of nasty side effects like sodium retention, acne, gynecomastia, aggression (roid rage), high blood pressure, enlarged heart and other cardiovascular conditions, anxiety, depression, insomnia, sterility and more!
There is a family of substances which appear to anabolic effects like steroids without the side effects. The two main characters are 7-Isopropoxyisoflavone (Ipriflavone) and 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone (Methoxyisoflavone). These powerful compounds have recently been brought to market. And while more testing should be done, the anecdotal evidence indicates these may be the fitness supplements of the future.
These flavones discovered by a Hungarian company, which subsequently patented them, and then sat on them. The patent has recently expired, whcih means that other companies can now follow the formulas and manufacturing instructions in the patent application to produce commercial quantities of these supplements. According to Clayton South, “Researchers found that not only did 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone and 7-Isopropoxyisoflavone increase protein synthesis and increase lean mass, but they also reduced body fat, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, promoted endurance, an increased state of vitality, and increased the body’s ability to use oxygen!” In other words, these are the perfect anabolic supplements – without the negatives of steroids!
In short, methoxyisoflavone and ipriflavone are non-hormonal anabolic / anti-catabolic compounds. These powerful flavones may decrease cortisol levels, increase protein synthesis, and improve overall recovery from exercise.
7-Isopropoxyisoflavone or Ipriflavone has been tested and has been shown to have dramatic effects for rapid muscle growth in athletes. According to Clayton South;
- “Right off the bat the patent outlines the flavone’s ability to promote weight-gain and anabolism in it’s composition.
- The results of the animal studies that were conducted are quite dramatic! For one thing, nitrogen retention increased (one of the primary actions of anabolic steroids), regardless of the species used. Add that nice attribute to the further finding that Ipriflavone produced no estrogenic side-effects and actually no negative effects in endocrine tissue at all, and you’ve got an extraordinary substance on your hands. The animals (rats, mice, chickens and so on), regardless of age, or dosage had no signs of changes in their endocrine systems. The animals just grew more muscular-with no negative impact on testosterone, testicular shrinkage, or aromatization-all possible anabolic steroid side effects. Verification of these finding was done when many of the animals were dissected. It was found that no androgenic side effects occurred, yet muscle tissue grew larger. The levator ani muscle (a large pelvic diaphragm muscle) went up in weight, while the seminal vesicles remained the same. If the seminal vesicles had changed, this would show androgenic side-effects, but there was no difference.
- Another test was conducted to determine actual differences in strength and endurance in which animals were weighed down with an additional 3 grams per 100 grams of bodyweight in a swimming test forced to exhaustion. Over a 45 day period, calories were kept the same for both the Ipriflavone-consuming and non-Ipriflavone-consuming groups. The results speak for themselves: the animals on Ipriflavone were able to swim for 33 minutes longer than the untreated animals before going under for good! This conclusive experiment shows the incredible ergogenic effects of this potent anabolic compound. Ipriflavone dramatically increases endurance!
- Yet another study indicated the level of anabolic activity of Ipriflavone by measuring the effect on calcium and phosphate retention; minerals indicative of such activity. The dosage used was 20 mg per kilogram of bodyweight. Guess what? Calcium and phosphorus retention increased significantly.
- The human studies conducted with wasting patients showed an increase in lean body weight anywhere between 2 to 3 kilograms in merely a few weeks on Ipriflavone. The anabolic effects are apparently not confined to just animals, but are extraordinary in humans as well. The safety of Ipriflavone was confirmed on animals when mega-doses where given to them. Up to 4000 mg per kilogram were applied with absolutely zero side effects. Rather, they just gained more lean muscle!
- The final test was conducted on nitrogen retention because as you know, a positive nitrogen balance is the key to dramatically increasing muscle growth. The findings were based on the test results on the 20th to 30th day of the study. Nitrogen excretion was lowered by a considerable amount, confirming the power and anabolism of Ipriflavone!”
Methoxyisoflavone has not been shown conclusively to have the same effects as Ipriflavone, HOWEVER, 5-Methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone patent research also shows that when the isoflavone is methylated, it becomes MORE anabolic compared to ipriflavone.
Methoxyisoflavone has been tested on animals and has been shown, regardless of species, to increase body mass by a substantial 10% – 20%. It is unclear whether the increase came from a decrease in catabolism, or tru anabolic growth. But, the fact that methoxyisoflavone reduces cortisol production is significant and leads researchers to conclude that besides stemming catabolism, methoxyisflavone may help one increase and maintain lean body mass, and burn more fat.
Furthermore, these anabolic compounds, ipriflavone and methoxy work through different pathways. Stacking them together may produce even better results. All without the worries of androgenic side effects caused by steroids.
Most manufacturers recommend serving size of 5-methyl-7-methoxy-isoflavone of 400mg to 800mg taken in a split dosage twice throughout the day (200mg – 400mg twice daily). Ipriflavone is recommended to be taken in the range of 250mg to 1250mg per day in divided doses.
To really boost your results, consider taking these flavones with protein. Because methoxyisoflavone forces nutrients into muscle cells, having extra protein available will enhance your gains of lean muscle mass.
Check out hundreds of protein products and thousands of other nutritional and fitness products at Bodybuilding.Com. They offer fantastic service at affordable prices!